My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Financial IQ...

I love to learn!! About myself, about others, about the world I live in, about the God I love and serve. Learning is Food for my Soul.

So lately I have committed to learning about money! Yep, money. Kind of overwhelming the subject of dollars and cents, well at first chapter anyway. Now though, now I am hooked. It makes perfect sense to have greater financial management skills, I have to know how and when to spend money not just how not to spend it. So I am soaking up all the information I can! Easy stuff absorbing. No challenge what so ever to studying. Now the application part, that is a whole other matter. Applying what I have learned just might be the deal breaker, and I just might go broke:)

I guess it is like faith. Faith like money is easy learn about! I love all those stories in bible of faith! David takes on Goliath! My kind of story!! and oh so inspiring!! But acting on faith that is where the "rubber meets the road" and how my faith will be measured, by my ability to act on it . So I am wondering if I can act on my new found information. Can I applying it to everyday living and working? Will I apply my knowledge ? or will I sit back and become a swampy know it all, bogged down with a bunch of facts and figures, frozen by fear and therefore fail?? Or will I do it all? Will I try? Will I risk sinking and having to swim for the chance to sail? The plan is to sail. The way I see it is sailing takes less energy and the chance of growing weary and drowning are greatly reduced. So here I go, turning new information and into new action!!

I wonder how much more I will learn? About myself, about others, About God? There is after all no better way to learn than by living.

Who's keepin' up