My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Saturday, September 4, 2010

And I thought it wouldn't bother me...

So I haven't looked up or around lately. My hands have been busy and my head down focusing on work. While I was busy the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months and there went time passing like it always does. Summer left behind a fantastic vacation in the memory book of my mind and a memory card full of photos. Yep they are still on the card, one of these days I will get around to getting them printed and into an album or scrap book. Then just the other day as I walked to my car, I paused to look up and around and what do you know, there it was crisp cool air. Fall has taken a step in our direction. Fall as as I see it begins when temperatures no longer reaching the nineties and public pools close:) It was a pleasant thought... Friday night football games, Craft Fairs, Halloween (Lovers of the Lord we are and dress up we do with our own rules of propriety) Thanksgiving and of course Christmas. Oh what sweet anticipation.
Fall also means a lot of birthdays including my own. Morgan and my mom's in September. My sister is in October. Mine, my nephew, my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law, and two dear friends all have birthdays in November and my dad turns 63 in December. January is for my brother and another close friend. See, quite a few birthdays but true to my human nature the one I thought about the most on that crisp morning while fall was introducing itself was my own.
Should I live another couple of months I will see 35. Wow, thirty-five years. It is worth reflecting on. My thirties have been great. I am smarter, more confident, worry less and have more peace than any time of my late teens and early twenties. I have a sense of who I am and ya know what: I have grown up nicely. Praise the Lord, he had to do a lot of work with me and of course that work will continue, but I think it is ok to say: I am ok with me:) Oh I wish that I was in better shape, had less wrinkles, had more money blah blah blah, but for the most part I am pretty darn satisfied! So where's the "bother"? Well just as I was skip-pity-a-do-dawing through my life without a care or thought to the number of years attached to my name: I got a letter.
My health insurance provider sent me a letter notifying me that my rate will increase. "In light of your coming birthday November 21, 2010 and you having reached 35" as if I don't know my age or the day I celebrate it "you will move from the 30-34 bracket into the 35-40 bracket. This move will increase your monthly premium". Darn it there went the skip-pity right out of my do daw! I am getting older and they are gonna charge me for it. Now me is less happy, more worried and less peaceful. Why couldn't it be 37-40? That seems more reasonable and why didn't Tina Turner sing "What's age got to do, got to do with it" but the truth is "you take the good, you take the bad, you take'em both and there you have: the facts of life" Fact is I am getting older and age has a lot to do with it! But I won't worry for long...Doesn't car insurance decrease with age? At least until you reach 60 or 70? So there I am back to the me I like.
.....Skippity do dah, skippty day my oh my what a wonderful age....

Who's keepin' up