My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Majesty of Creation

I had forgotten how I love to look at mountains! I has been at least 5 years, wait no 6, six years since I beheld the majesty of mountains! I can't wait for Morgan & Samuel to see them..it was raining last night when we arrived, but today sunny and bright and they can't be missed!!!

I am not sure why mountains move me to worship maybe it is that they make me feel small..maybe to me they represent the rugged unknown parts of God..I am not sure but what ever the reason Mountains move me to the tune of "Go Tell It on the Mountain.." or "...to stand upon the Mountain of God" "Show me your glory".. Song after song, praise after praise bubble up within me at the sight of Mountains. The first time I saw the ocean it was breathtaking, the sound, the smell, the romantic rhythm of the waves. But it doesn't compare to the majesty of mountains. The ocean and all it's wonder does not awaken in my soul what the sight and height of a snow capped mount does.

Of all that man can make, true wonder, marvel and majesty is only in what God creates and am ever so glad he created mountains..

Who's keepin' up