My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Monday, June 14, 2010

Putting on my big girl panties

So I was told to "put on my big girl panties" today, as if I wear diapers..hmp my pride was piqued. (Please no harm or offense to those who do indeed have to wear diapers. I am just speaking figuratively)

First, I have to admit I was showing emotion, but heck I am a woman and those sometimes get the best of me. I stress sometimes, because I believe (and I might be deceiving myself here and if I am than please don't burst my lie lined bubble, cause "I can't handle the truth") that most of the time I think logically. Wait let me think that through some more...Yep, most often I would say a good 90 percent of the time I am a logical thinker, a strategic planner, an analyzer and rationale seeker. I know that how I feel about something doesn't change the facts. I even tell Morgan, who is somewhat more emotionally driven, to grab a tight hold on her emotion and sort through the tangled mess of things we call feelings and pick out the truth and throw the rest of that junk away.

So what if I had a 10 percent of the time moment..so what. So, I am a boss, a leader, and there really isn't a 10 percent of the time it is ok to be ruled by your emotion moment, at least not the teary kind, especially when your leading men. Forget never let'em see ya sweat..how about never let'em see you cry. I think cursing and yelling would have been acceptable; teary eyes and a choked up voice: not so much. So what's a girl to do? Put her big girl panties on of course and big girls don't cry. But what do they do? Have a drink? or Smoke? Stopped that a decade ago. Maybe I should have had a drink. Would iced tea work? Because, after all I am still on the clock. Which when I think about it proves that I am wearing big girl panties, otherwise today I would have quit.

Who's keepin' up