My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Friday, April 2, 2010

"The God of all Comfort"

Praise be to the God and Father of Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God"
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

"Mom, it doesn't hurt! Look mom I can run; watch me I can jump!" and just like that healing came and touched Morgan. Oh the tears, and the rejoicing that we did that day!!! It hasn't sunk in completely, I still expect her any minute to hurt and I keep poking her bones, just to be sure! Yep, me of little faith! LOL


Today, Good Friday, offered a chance to slow down my day to day and reflect on the past month and 1/2. Sheesh it sounds like too little of time for it to have been so challenging. I now have a better understanding why it is important to be child like in faith. A child is comforted by the arms of a parent. There is something profoundly simple in that. Just my arms brought her comfort, but my arms couldn't change the situation. And So it was with me. Just resting in the Hope of My Savior brought me comfort, everyday I would wake wondering if today would be the day and when it wasn't...when the situation didnt' change...I came to HIM and there I found comfort. He truely was my comforter, when fear gripped my chest and took my breath and tried to steal my peace. I found my peace in HIM.

A few weeks before Morgan began to hurt and need the wheelchair, I had written this prayer in my journal "Lord, do not let me be lulled by the comforts of this world" maybe I should not have ask that:))hehe but I realized that I might just have been lulled and maybe almost to sleep. Well I am awake now, and may I stay "on my guard and alert" remembering that my "enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" and may my only comfort be found in HIM and not in the temporary "good" times of this life..

Who's keepin' up