My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

To Thanksgiving and Beyond

It started. The Holiday Hoopla. I am being carried in a current and trying not to go under. List after list. The grocery list, the Christmas list, the Christmas card list, Invitation lists...lists lists lists. I have gotten list-a-mania. There was a time, probably a least a year back, in which lists brought me comfort and peace and satisfaction. Now if I don't fight hard, and I mean really really hard, I feel the opposite of peace, comfort and satisfaction.

Just this morning, while making my thanksgiving grocery list, I looked at how silly I have allowed things to get. I have a blackberry for work. It has my work list. I have my itouch. It has my personal lists. I have a homeschool planner. It has my school list. Seriously somethings gotta give. If your thinking consolidation, I tried that. Now either I am inept (which could totally be the case) or that was a really bad idea. It was kinda like keeping wet wipes next to the pledge wipes. So how in the heck does everything get done? More lists making? Better time management? Maybe I should have paid better attention in Home Economics, but I know how to cook pancakes and sew a stuffed frog. What I don't know how to do is prepare a lesson on pancake mixes, earn the money to buy the pancake mix, shop for the pancake mix, cook the pancakes, sit down around the table to eat the pancakes, and then clean up the pancakes! Or at least I don't know how to do this with the serenity or sanity I once had. So come on all you working outside the home moms talk to me...

Who's keepin' up