My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scared to be a mom?

We sit down for a dinner at McDonald's. Samuel wants my food, must be better than his. So whats a mother to do? Give up her food of course. So I pass my big and tasty to him. Morgan must have been paying close contemplative attention because out of her little mind and passing right through her lips came the following remark, "I see you being a mom and it scares me".

I smiled on the inside but reply with a straight face, "Why cause you wouldn't have given him your food?"

She puts her chin down and eyes me very seriously and firmly shakes her head no, no she wouldn't have.

My smile on the inside is bigger now. "You will when you are a momma"

Maintaining her very serious expression she replies, "and that is why it scares me"

Who's keepin' up