My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pain & Suffering....

I have been faced with the reality of death so much so often lately. But harder to grasp than death is suffering...or at least that is what I am wrapping my mind around. I know my God is no less God. No less faithful, No less Good, No less defender, redeemer, savior, and friend. But the pain and the suffering...OH lord, can not death come more easily..but it was you who set time in motion and breathed life... And I wonder... is there any better way or best day to die? I like to picture my death occurring around the ripe old age of 100 with a full heart and a full spirit of contentment..a life well lived. Sounds like the best way to me...Victor would like to go out in a blaze of glory fighting in some battle:) Each to there own..but what about the kind of death that it isn't time for...the death that stole life. That is what some of it feels like. That no it wasn't the right time to die but rather someones life got stolen, taken from them and the ones who loved them. Then death is a thief. I must remember life is the gift and death is thief who steals it away.

So tonight Lord, I lift up those who are suffering from dying. I ask that they suffer no more forever. That their dying be pain free. It gets to that sometimes ya know...when all you ask for is that death come quickly because you can handle the pain of dying no longer. Surround their hearts and home and fill it with the kind of peace that only you can bring. And help me to remember Lord to not fear for my own flesh for it rots as I speak. Help me to remember just as life is temporary and fleeting so is death, and as it could not hold you it won't hold us either.

Who's keepin' up