My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year and New You

Heard that one before, right? Well I had a Mary Kay Party and Ms. Donna was great! I left possessing that amazing I have never looked better feeling. Somehow though I never can recreate that look:))

This year isn't about looking good though that has value. This year I will remember and apply what I have learned. Yeah, I spent sometime adjusting and squeezing myself into another role and season in life. But praise and glory to the king of kings, I have managed to get that shoe on!! Yes, I am still learning how to walk in it, But the shoe is on and though I am still wobbling around I am getting there. I am working and homeschooling and it is a success, Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!

The other day in my quiet time while looking back, I was overwhelmed and had a tearful celebratory breakdown. It is important to pause and look back every now and then. The purpose I believe is to remember where you have been, what you have learned and celebrate how far you have come! My break down of tears was because I realized I have everything I have ever wanted and I am only 34 years old.

Wow huh?

I dreamed of being being happily married. Check one. I dreamed of being a mother. Check two. I dream of having a house/home. Check three. Maybe they were simple dreams but no matter they were mine and by golly I have been given them all! That is a very overwhelming humbling realization. To have all that you wanted be given to you. Now of course I have other goals, but looking back as a younger woman all I really wanted and dreamed of having; I have it.

So this year I am purposing to maintain a reference point of joy; recalling that I have experienced all the goodness that life has to offer. I am committing to an attitude of gratitude, knowing that there is no sweetness of life that I haven't tasted.

Who's keepin' up