My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Where has my time gone?

I can not seem to blog, facebook, homeschool, work and just live. I am marveling at those who seem to manage all that.

I have 4 email accounts. Why you ask? One for personal, one for trash (ya know the one you give out when you order things) and two for work. I try to check facebook at least every few days, cause ya know it is cool to know what is going on. Homeschool? Well I am trying to get back on track after taking a break. Work? It is work. It takes time. And just living. Now that I do a lot of. Dinner with friends and family. Bike riding, church going, Bible reading, paying bills, laundry, dishes, cooking... I got that covered. So why do I have the sense that I am not getting it?? Maybe it's because what I start and can't finish haunts me. Like blogging. Why get a blog and then not blog???? Facebook. Why have a page and not participate? I wish most of the time I had never signed up. But then no matter how little I get to blog or facebook at least I do do it. It so 21st century right? To be busy and have so much to do. To have Instant Message, Text messaging, voicemail sent to your email, a work number, a home number, a mobile number, and a toll free number...seriously do I need all this? and what about the hundred some odd friends via facebook? these make me feel like I belong or that I am connected. Then I take one of those "how well do you know them quizzes" and the reality of the situation reveals itself. I really do not them...at least not well. But hey no worries I didn't loose the number of friends I have:)

Ok so I am on a rant...so I will stop and praise. One of the things I wanted to do this year was be more relationship minded. And praise the Lord I have been. I have had dinner with more friends. Vacationed with more family and kept in touch with more "friends" than previous years. And I thank facebook for the last part. Without it how would I know what so many people are doing at once? So all in all my 21st century connections have served me well. So I won't complain, I will be thankful. But seriously 4 email accounts and 4 phone numbers....

Who's keepin' up