My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Monday, April 27, 2009

Do I really think that way?

A three day weekend in OKC produced memories, photos and fatigue. First stop was the zoo. The flamingos were fantastic, I can't believe I have never marveled at their grace, unique stance, and goose like sound before. They were the best thing happen at the zoo. Well them and the "down, down, down" beetle, yes that is nameous scientifica. So honored by me a naming laureate! HA Seriously though it was a cute little guy (beetles just seem like guy bugs) any way watching them dive and wondering how and where they keep that bubble that they use to breathe? Neat stuff creation! How anyone deny intelligent design confounds me.

The photos we took? Well they are still on the camera. Ya know I am not so sure digital is all that great. I have simply replaced that big box of photos for a big file of photos. And at least going through the box once every few years was a family affair. You just can get that many people around a computer screen. Digital defiantly has it's down side.

Fatigue sat in Sunday around 1:00pm when we arrived home to a yard that needed mowing, laundry that needed washing, a garden that needed hoeing, flowers that needed watering, bags that needed unpacking, and a fridge that needing stocking. Whew, were we feeling overwhelmed. If you are thinking 'how ungrateful, didn't they just return from a fun relaxing weekend' I would say yes we did and yes we were. I have discovered that I have short term appreciation loss. It only takes a 'short term' and I lose my appreciation. Thankfully and gratefully this too is not long in its length and my sense of gratitude returns to me that very evening when I sit down with a glass of sweet tea and the Sunday paper. AHHH, how great is Life? Thank you lord! All is truely well with my soul....unitl Monday 5am! YIKES!! WHERE HAS MY THANKFULNESS GONE? OH the alarm clock scared it off. No worries, nothing a cup of coffee and the sunrise can't cure. Thank you LORD:))

oh the bizarre cycle of my mind!!!!!!!

Who's keepin' up