My Daily Dose

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.
Psalm 9:1

Friday, January 28, 2011

Conversation Adultery

I am sick of being cheated on! Seriously this has got to stop.

Conversation Adultery is wrong and I am on a mission to stop it! So if you and I every happen to be out to lunch, or you are over for dinner and you cheat on our conversation I am going to have to say something, because texting someone else while talking to me is what I call conversation adultery and it is illegal in my friendship rule book (excluding emergency communication from spouse or children). And worse yet if I should ever be the "other conversation" please please don't let me go on, instead let me know you can't text now, or better yet let me know your with another friend but what every you do don't make me the OTHER woman; please, please don't cheat with me! Unless I really really really need you but in that case I would have called, hehehe

Now please don't mis-understand me, I love to text. It is just I like talking face to face soo much more. After all don't the famous theys of the world say 80 percent of communication is non-verbal. That is why texting is a poor way to connect. Oh it offers a nice quickie, but there isn't any really depth or meaning. Nope, real communication and conversation can only occur voice to voice, or better yet face to face.

Yeah, maybe I am getting old, it is after all a Friday night and I am at home blogging, but I just have to say it: Conversation Adultery is Wrong. Of course I respect texting's place in our society but it's place should NOT be in the middle of my conversation with you...just sayin:))




Who's keepin' up